Ukraine, Chevron sign hydrocarbon sharing agreement
Ukraine, Chevron Ukraine BV, a subsidiary of Chevron Corporation (USA) and Nadra Oleska LLC have signed an agreement on the distribution of hydrocarbons which are produced within the Oleska field in western Ukraine.
Ukraine's Minister of Energy and Coal Industry Eduard Stavytsky told this to reporters after a plenary session of the Council of Domestic and Foreign Investors in Kyiv on Tuesday.
The agreement has been signed by Minister of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine Eduard Stavytskyi, CEO of Chevron Europe Exploration and Production Derek Dupree Magness and Chairman of the Board of NJSC Nadra Ukrayiny Viktor Ponomarenko.
In February 2012, Ukraine announced tenders for signing production sharing agreements on the Yuzivska (Donetsk and Kharkiv regions) and Oleska (Lviv and Ivano-Frankivsk regions) areas with reserves of shale gas. In May 2012, Chevron and Shell were declared the winners of the tenders to sign production sharing agreements for hydrocarbon extraction on the Oleska and Yuzivska areas.
Estimated resources on the Oleska area are three trillion cubic meters of gas.
It is expected that Chevron's investment in the domestic economy only at the first stage of the agreement implementation will amount to USD 350 million, and USD 10 billion during the project implementation.
Adapted from Ukrinform
More on the topic
- 29.11.2013 Ukraine will sign gas contract with Slovakia next week – Stavytsky
- 14.11.2013 Ukraine triples gas supplies from Europe
- 06.11.2013 Ukraine will sign agreement on Skifska field development in November - Stavytsky
- 05.11.2013 Ukraine, Croatia to sign memorandum on Adriatic Gas Corridor Nov. 5
- 04.11.2013 Ukraine plans to sign PSA with Eni and EDF on Black Sea shelf by 2014
- 30.10.2013 Ukraine reopens gas imports via Poland
- 28.10.2013 Ukraine to get gas along Adriatic corridor via Croatia, Hungary
- 17.10.2013 Ukraine hopes to get five billion cubic meters of shale gas in next five years
- 04.10.2013 Ukraine invites Japan to participate in construction of LNG terminal
- 03.10.2013 Government plans to sign agreement with ExxonMobil in October
- 01.10.2013 Ukraine further cuts Russian gas consumption
- 25.09.2013 Chornomornaftogaz pumps 360 mcm of gas into storage facility