Government plans to sign agreement with ExxonMobil in October
The Ukrainian government is planning to sign in October 2013 a production sharing agreement with Exxon Mobil on the extraction of hydrocarbons within the Skifska area on the Black Sea shelf.
Ukrainian Energy and Coal Industry Minister Eduard Stavytsky said this at a briefing at the Cabinet of Ministers on Wednesday, a Ukrinform correspondent reported.
"The Ukrainian government has entered the final stage of signing a production sharing agreement on hydrocarbon production on the Black Sea shelf within the Skifska area, and the signing of this agreement will be completed this month," Stavytsky said.
The minister said that ExxonMobil is planning to begin land surveying work on this area by the end of the year.
"The company's ship is completing work in Romania in late November, and they hope to then enter our territory," he said.
More on the topic
- 29.11.2013 Ukraine will sign gas contract with Slovakia next week – Stavytsky
- 14.11.2013 Ukraine triples gas supplies from Europe
- 06.11.2013 Ukraine will sign agreement on Skifska field development in November - Stavytsky
- 06.11.2013 Ukraine, Chevron sign hydrocarbon sharing agreement
- 05.11.2013 Ukraine, Croatia to sign memorandum on Adriatic Gas Corridor Nov. 5
- 04.11.2013 Ukraine plans to sign PSA with Eni and EDF on Black Sea shelf by 2014
- 30.10.2013 Ukraine reopens gas imports via Poland
- 28.10.2013 Ukraine to get gas along Adriatic corridor via Croatia, Hungary
- 17.10.2013 Ukraine hopes to get five billion cubic meters of shale gas in next five years
- 04.10.2013 Ukraine invites Japan to participate in construction of LNG terminal
- 01.10.2013 Ukraine further cuts Russian gas consumption
- 25.09.2013 Chornomornaftogaz pumps 360 mcm of gas into storage facility