Ukraine will sign agreement on Skifska field development in November - Stavytsky
Ukraine plans to sign an agreement on hydrocarbons sharing in gas extraction on the Skifska field in the Black Sea in November.
Energy and Coal Industry Minister Eduard Stavytsky told a briefing Tuesday in Kyiv, a Ukrinform correspondent reports.
“As concerns development of the Skifska field, we expect for the ceremonial signing of the hydrocarbons sharing agreement this month,” Stavytsky said.
According to the Minister, the agreement will be signed with the consortium, which includes: state NJSC Nadra Ukrayny, Shell, the daughter structure OMV Petrom and Exxon Mobil, which will be the project operator.
To remind, until the end of this year, the consortium should sign with Ukrainian authorities the hydrocarbons sharing agreement for the term of 50 years, following that within 10 days it should transfer a special payment of USD 325 million to the country's budget.
The Skifska field of 16,700 square meters is located on the Black Sea shelf. The forecasted resources of the field make up 35 billion cu m of gas and 25-26 tonnes of oil.
More on the topic
- 29.11.2013 Ukraine will sign gas contract with Slovakia next week – Stavytsky
- 14.11.2013 Ukraine triples gas supplies from Europe
- 06.11.2013 Ukraine, Chevron sign hydrocarbon sharing agreement
- 05.11.2013 Ukraine, Croatia to sign memorandum on Adriatic Gas Corridor Nov. 5
- 04.11.2013 Ukraine plans to sign PSA with Eni and EDF on Black Sea shelf by 2014
- 30.10.2013 Ukraine reopens gas imports via Poland
- 28.10.2013 Ukraine to get gas along Adriatic corridor via Croatia, Hungary
- 17.10.2013 Ukraine hopes to get five billion cubic meters of shale gas in next five years
- 04.10.2013 Ukraine invites Japan to participate in construction of LNG terminal
- 03.10.2013 Government plans to sign agreement with ExxonMobil in October
- 01.10.2013 Ukraine further cuts Russian gas consumption
- 25.09.2013 Chornomornaftogaz pumps 360 mcm of gas into storage facility