Chornomornaftogaz pumps 360 mcm of gas into storage facility
SJSC Chornomornaftogaz has pumped 360 million cubic meters of natural gas into the Hlibovske underground storage facility before the beginning of the heating season, the company's press service has reported.
"State Joint-Stock Company Chornomornaftogaz executed a plan to prepare for the 2013/2014 heating season, pumping 360 million cubic meters of natural gas into the Hlibovske underground storage facility. The enterprise continues pumping natural gas into underground storage facilities and expects to reach this year a level of 400 million cubic meters per season and, in addition, bring an active volume of natural gas in the underground storage facility to more than 900 million cubic meters. This was made possible due to the growth of natural gas production associated with the development of the Odeske gas field," reads the statement.
Chornomornaftogaz also said that in the first eight months of 2013 domestic production of natural gas exceeded last year's figure for the same period by 36%, or 269 million cubic meters.
"The enterprise has reached a historic maximum of daily gas production in the fields of the Black and Azov Seas - 4.9 million cubic meters. Consequently, at the end of the year Chornomornaftogaz plans to extract 1.65 billion cubic meters and maximally provide consumers in Crimea with domestically produced gas. Therefore, during the new 2013/2014 autumn and winter season Chornomornaftogaz will be able to supply to the gas transport system of the peninsula more domestic gas than in the previous heating season," the company said.
Adapted from ukrinform
More on the topic
- 29.11.2013 Ukraine will sign gas contract with Slovakia next week – Stavytsky
- 14.11.2013 Ukraine triples gas supplies from Europe
- 06.11.2013 Ukraine will sign agreement on Skifska field development in November - Stavytsky
- 06.11.2013 Ukraine, Chevron sign hydrocarbon sharing agreement
- 05.11.2013 Ukraine, Croatia to sign memorandum on Adriatic Gas Corridor Nov. 5
- 04.11.2013 Ukraine plans to sign PSA with Eni and EDF on Black Sea shelf by 2014
- 30.10.2013 Ukraine reopens gas imports via Poland
- 28.10.2013 Ukraine to get gas along Adriatic corridor via Croatia, Hungary
- 17.10.2013 Ukraine hopes to get five billion cubic meters of shale gas in next five years
- 04.10.2013 Ukraine invites Japan to participate in construction of LNG terminal
- 03.10.2013 Government plans to sign agreement with ExxonMobil in October
- 01.10.2013 Ukraine further cuts Russian gas consumption