Ukrainian has new military attaché in Moldova
Ukrainian Ambassador to Moldova Sergey Pirozhkov, introduced a new Ukrainian military attaché accredited in Moldova, Colonel Igor Olefirenko to Minister of Defence Vitalie Marinuta at a bilateral meeting October 15.
Minister Vitalie Marinuta awarded the medal "For strengthening the brotherhood of arms" to Colonel Sergey Kosenko, who completed his mandate of military diplomat mandate in Moldova.
The defence minister thanked colonel Kosenko for his help to boost the Moldovan-Ukrainian relations in the field of defence during his mandate. "The Moldovan-Ukrainian bilateral peacekeeping exercise Nord-2013, organised after a seven-year break, your personal support and contribution, is a significant achievement for our countries’ servicemen. I appreciate the professionalism you have proved as a military diplomat in Moldova and I wish you success in future missions,” Marinuta said.
Vitalie Marinuta congratulated colonel Olefirenko on his appointment. He voiced confidence that the new military attaché would help foster the Moldovan-Ukrainian agenda and support the identification and implementation of projects in the defence sector.
Vitalie Marinuta and Sergey Pirozhkov discussed the current state of bilateral relations between Moldova and Ukraine in the military field, as well as prospects of cooperation between the armies of the two countries.
The Moldovan-Ukrainian military cooperation is carried out under a cooperation agreement between the defence ministries of Moldova and Ukraine, signed in 1993.
Adapted from MOLDPRES
More on the topic
- 06.11.2013 Moldova interested in signing Association Agreement between Ukraine and EU - Leanca
- 20.08.2013 Moldova doubles consumption of Ukrainian electricity
- 29.07.2013 Yanukovych meets with Moldovan President
- 26.07.2013 Moldovan President Nicolae Timofti visiting Kiev
- 16.01.2013 Moldova and Ukraine may re-consider two trade disputes at WTO
- 14.01.2013 Moldova, Ukraine to cooperate in protection, development of Dniestre river
- 28.11.2012 Moldova and Ukraine close the issue of the disputed territory near Palanca village