Yanukovych meets with Moldovan President
President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych held a bipartite meeting with President of Moldova Nikolae Timofti within the frames of celebration of the 1025th anniversary of Christianization of Kyiv Rus.
A Ukrinform correspondent reports about this.
“The fact that you and your delegation are today in Kyiv, is a wonderful possibility to repeatedly recollect the roots of our common history and, certainly, to repeatedly speak about many issues, which worry our countries,” Yanukovych has said. He stressed that it would be impossible to feel the historic events, related to Christianization of Rus, without visiting Kyiv.
In turn, Nikolae Timofti thanked for the invitation. He also noted that he has deep impressions from celebrations. “This is a great event for our faith,” he said.
The Moldovan President stressed that Ukraine and Moldova, in understanding their faith, are united by historically formed relations, related to the common border. “I am convinced that those good relations, which have already formed and which we have, personally we with you and our peoples, will develop and strengthen,” Timofti said.
More on the topic
- 06.11.2013 Moldova interested in signing Association Agreement between Ukraine and EU - Leanca
- 17.10.2013 Ukrainian has new military attaché in Moldova
- 20.08.2013 Moldova doubles consumption of Ukrainian electricity
- 26.07.2013 Moldovan President Nicolae Timofti visiting Kiev
- 16.01.2013 Moldova and Ukraine may re-consider two trade disputes at WTO
- 14.01.2013 Moldova, Ukraine to cooperate in protection, development of Dniestre river
- 28.11.2012 Moldova and Ukraine close the issue of the disputed territory near Palanca village