Moldova interested in signing Association Agreement between Ukraine and EU - Leanca
Moldova is interested in signing the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU.
Prime Minister of the Republic of Moldova Iurie Leanca has said about this at a meeting with Ukrainian Prime Minister Mykola Azarov.
"The signing of the Association Agreement and the free trade area in Vilnius is not only in the national interests of Ukraine, but also in the national interests of the Republic of Moldova. Therefore, we hope that you find the internal and external compromise, and a great success for us in Vilnius is not only our initialing (of the Association Agreement - Ed.), but also your signing, in particular. And if there is something we can help you in this regard, we are happy to do so," Leanca said.
He also expressed hope that at the Vilnius summit his country will receive from the European Commission an approval of the Action Plan regarding the introduction of a visa-free regime.
Ukraine and Moldova have also agreed to boost bipartite trade and economic cooperation. In particular, Leanca invited his Ukrainian counterpart to come to Chisinau on a visit and to conduct a business forum within the frames of this visit.
Azarov accepted the invitation and stressed that the increased interaction will be promoted by holding a meeting of the intergovernmental commission on trade and economic cooperation.
"We with you have not held a regular meeting of the intergovernmental commission on trade and economic cooperation in May, 2012. We will come to an agreement and hold such a meeting. This mechanism allows a much faster resolution of urgent issues of bipartite cooperation," the Prime Minister said.
At the same time, he suggested holding the meeting in Q1, 2014.
Adapted from Ukrinform
More on the topic
- 17.10.2013 Ukrainian has new military attaché in Moldova
- 20.08.2013 Moldova doubles consumption of Ukrainian electricity
- 29.07.2013 Yanukovych meets with Moldovan President
- 26.07.2013 Moldovan President Nicolae Timofti visiting Kiev
- 16.01.2013 Moldova and Ukraine may re-consider two trade disputes at WTO
- 14.01.2013 Moldova, Ukraine to cooperate in protection, development of Dniestre river
- 28.11.2012 Moldova and Ukraine close the issue of the disputed territory near Palanca village