Moldova and Ukraine close the issue of the disputed territory near Palanca village
Moldova and Ukraine have closed the issue of the disputed territory near the village of Palanca (Odessa Oblast).
According to Ukrainian media, Moldova’s Ambassador to Ukraine Ion Stăvilă said about this at a meeting of the Advisory Council of the EU Border Assistance Mission to Ukraine and Moldova (EUBAM).
The ambassador said that according to the agreements reached, Moldovan authorities handed over a road section in Palanca to Ukraine. Ukraine was supposed to receive territories in Palanca area in exchange for the ones that it had handed over to Moldova in the Danube’s mouth, near the village of Giurgiuleşti, where Moldova wanted to build a port.
Moldova's Ambassador to Ukraine also announced agreements with the EUBAM to modernize the infrastructure and establish jointly controlled checkpoints in Palanca, Mayaki and Udobne.
English translation by BSN
Adapted from Interlic.md
More on the topic
- 06.11.2013 Moldova interested in signing Association Agreement between Ukraine and EU - Leanca
- 17.10.2013 Ukrainian has new military attaché in Moldova
- 20.08.2013 Moldova doubles consumption of Ukrainian electricity
- 29.07.2013 Yanukovych meets with Moldovan President
- 26.07.2013 Moldovan President Nicolae Timofti visiting Kiev
- 16.01.2013 Moldova and Ukraine may re-consider two trade disputes at WTO
- 14.01.2013 Moldova, Ukraine to cooperate in protection, development of Dniestre river