Yanukovych, Putin discuss trade conflict
Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin discussed problems with the clearance of goods on the Ukrainian-Russian border during a phone conversation on Friday, the press service of the Ukrainian president has reported.
"Yanukovych expressed concern about the processes that occur during the customs clearance of goods when crossing the Ukrainian-Russian border," reads the statement.
During the conversation the two heads of state also raised a number of issues put on the bilateral agenda, including the holding of a meeting of the Ukrainian-Russian Interstate Commission chaired by the presidents.
Adapted from ukrinform
More on the topic
- 19.12.2013 Russia to buy $15bln in Ukrainian bonds
- 18.12.2013 Putin: Russia could use defense capacities of Ukraine
- 18.12.2013 Putin: Moscow, Kyiv did not discuss Ukraine's accession to Customs Union
- 16.12.2013 Medvedev urges Ukraine to overcome "tectonic split"
- 29.11.2013 State Duma wants new strategic partnership deal between Russia, Ukraine
- 06.11.2013 Russian business sees benefits from Ukraine's association with EU
- 01.11.2013 Ukraine to demand introduction of transition period for making foreign passports to travel to Russia - MFA
- 16.10.2013 Russia suggests analyzing jointly all possible risks through signing the Association Agreement between Ukraine and EU
- 02.10.2013 Russia refuses Ukrainian wagons
- 27.09.2013 Ukraine, Russia will continue discussions on joint production of AN-124 Ruslan in October
- 10.09.2013 Russia refuses to use Ukrainian Nitka naval pilot training site
- 09.09.2013 WTO to help Ukraine settle disputes with Russia