Throughput of Batumi Sea Port (Georgia) up 26.05% to 789,629 t in HI’13
In the first six months of 2013 cargo turnover of Batumi Sea Port totalled 789,629 tonnes, which is 163 207 tonnes (26.05%) higher than the results of the similar period of last year and makes 100% of the production plan performance for this period, the port’s press center says.
The leading positions in the cargo turnover of the port belong to raw sugar - 30.36%, bulk cargos- 24.05% and ammonium nitrate - 17.46% of the total cargo turnover for the reported period.
The production plan has been exceeded by the following cargo positions: raw sugar-by 52,757.04 tonnes (28.21%), big- bags by 12,453.66 tonnes (51. 89%), grain by 36,284.29 tonnes (109.95%) and liquid cargos by 18,940.28 tonnes (33.23%).
A significant growth compared to last year results is observed over raw sugar (10.32%). ammonium nitrate (10.70%), big-bags (911.77%), grain (188.44%), bulk cargos (78.30%), liquid cargos (19.75%) and other cargos (16.39%).
Transit again has the leading position and makes 37% of the total BSP turnover, 95 % of transit cargos via BSP go to Azerbaijan.
Import, which is mainly bulk cargos and building materials, makes 36% of the total cargo turnover. The majority of cargos are imported from Ukraine and Turkey.
The number of vessel calls for the first semester of 2013 totals 348 units which is 25 units more than last year results of the same period.
Adapted from portnews
More on the topic
- 14.11.2013 Throughput of Batumi Sea Port up 13.6% to 1.48 mln t in Jan-Oct’13
- 02.10.2013 Georgian government may transfer Anaklia port under management of the port of Rotterdam
- 17.09.2013 Batumi Sea Port sets «Summer» records
- 04.09.2013 Batumi Sea Port sets «Summer» records
- 21.11.2012 Poti Yacht Club to be dismantled
- 26.10.2012 Shipowners are unhappy with Batumi port high tariffs and lack of berths
- 20.09.2012 Port administration building opened in Lazika