Poti Yacht Club to be dismantled
The decision will be put into effect in a few days. This information has been confirmed by the port’s former director Mr. Joseph Crowley, who still continues to work in Poti’s port.
«Major construction works are planned to be performed on the adjacent territory, a berth will be constructed. Thereafter, operation of the yacht club in the same place does not conform to safety standards. Construction of the berth, planned on the adjacent territory, includes an investment of over $40 million We fully realize the yacht club’s importance for the city, and the port, along with the city authorities, will engage in searching alternative site for it»- says Crowley.
The yacht club’s leadership has already addressed request for help to majoritarian deputy from Poti Mr. Eka Beselia.
English translation by BSN
Adapted from Business Georgia
More on the topic
- 14.11.2013 Throughput of Batumi Sea Port up 13.6% to 1.48 mln t in Jan-Oct’13
- 02.10.2013 Georgian government may transfer Anaklia port under management of the port of Rotterdam
- 17.09.2013 Batumi Sea Port sets «Summer» records
- 04.09.2013 Batumi Sea Port sets «Summer» records
- 15.07.2013 Throughput of Batumi Sea Port (Georgia) up 26.05% to 789,629 t in HI’13
- 26.10.2012 Shipowners are unhappy with Batumi port high tariffs and lack of berths
- 20.09.2012 Port administration building opened in Lazika