Port administration building opened in Lazika
The first office building opened on September 19 in Lazika - a new city being built on the Black Sea coast in Georgia. The building will host Lazika’s port administration.
Preliminary works for the new city construction have begun, and there appeared the need to have an office building, from where the process of construction will be coordinated. Meetings with investors are being held, a law on Lazika is under development.
Lazika port is to receive first freighters in autumn 2014.
English translation BSN
Adapted from PortNews
More on the topic
- 14.11.2013 Throughput of Batumi Sea Port up 13.6% to 1.48 mln t in Jan-Oct’13
- 02.10.2013 Georgian government may transfer Anaklia port under management of the port of Rotterdam
- 17.09.2013 Batumi Sea Port sets «Summer» records
- 04.09.2013 Batumi Sea Port sets «Summer» records
- 15.07.2013 Throughput of Batumi Sea Port (Georgia) up 26.05% to 789,629 t in HI’13
- 21.11.2012 Poti Yacht Club to be dismantled
- 26.10.2012 Shipowners are unhappy with Batumi port high tariffs and lack of berths