Russian tourists prefer Turkey and Spain to Egypt
Vladimir Kantorovich, Vice President of the Association of Russian Tourism Operators, said that the number of tourists to Egypt dropped by 30% after the fall of President Mohammad Morsi.
The 30% of tourists decided to have vacation in Turkey instead. Spain is another popular country for Russian tourists. Concerning South Caucasus, the situation in Egypt had no impact on tourism in the region.
Adapted from Vestnik Kavkaza
More on the topic
- 25.06.2013 Kuban revives the tour route to the Black Sea through the Caucasus Mountain Range
- 12.04.2013 Gelendzhik expects a 10-15% rise in the tourist flow in 2013
- 07.12.2012 Upscale Radisson Blu Beach Resort & Spa Hotel to be constructed in Sochi
- 15.11.2012 Tourist flow in Adygea grew by 10% over the last 9 months
- 05.11.2012 Ski season will open in Sochi on December 22
- 01.11.2012 Sochi airport launched new flights to Istanbul and Erevan
- 01.11.2012 Anapa to open new beaches in 2013
- 30.10.2012 Tuapse to commission an eco-center
- 30.10.2012 “Abrau-Dyurso” Company plans to enter the quiet wine market in 2013
- 26.10.2012 Tourist police to be formed at the Caucasus
- 20.09.2012 Kuban authorities expect 5% growth in tourist inflow in 2012