Gelendzhik expects a 10-15% rise in the tourist flow in 2013
«In 2012 approximately 3,190 thousand people visited the resort, including 319 thousand tourists at health improvement institutions and 2,871 thousand people as campers», – City Mayor Viktor Khrestin has informed.
According to Yuga.ru this number is lower than the previous year result by more than 6%. According to the Mayor, such reduction has been conditioned by natural factors – the flood on July 6-7, 2012.
«In 2013 we expect for a rise in the number of tourists by at least 10-15%, comparing with 20120», – V. Khrestin has emphasized.
The Mayor has noted that city administration conducts a number of events for promotion of the resort at the international and Russian tourism markets.
English translation by BSN
More on the topic
- 11.07.2013 Russian tourists prefer Turkey and Spain to Egypt
- 25.06.2013 Kuban revives the tour route to the Black Sea through the Caucasus Mountain Range
- 07.12.2012 Upscale Radisson Blu Beach Resort & Spa Hotel to be constructed in Sochi
- 15.11.2012 Tourist flow in Adygea grew by 10% over the last 9 months
- 05.11.2012 Ski season will open in Sochi on December 22
- 01.11.2012 Sochi airport launched new flights to Istanbul and Erevan
- 01.11.2012 Anapa to open new beaches in 2013
- 30.10.2012 Tuapse to commission an eco-center
- 30.10.2012 “Abrau-Dyurso” Company plans to enter the quiet wine market in 2013
- 26.10.2012 Tourist police to be formed at the Caucasus
- 20.09.2012 Kuban authorities expect 5% growth in tourist inflow in 2012