Sochi Olympics ticket sales to be renewed in autumn
The second stage of Sochi Olympics ticket sales, temporarily suspended in June, will start in autumn.
Such information has been announced by the Chairman of “Sochi 2014” Organizing Committee Dmitry Chernyshenko.
The sale of tickets for Games opening and closing ceremonies, as well as for the competitions on 15 kinds of sports started on February 7. The first stage of this sale was finished on June 1. By that moment more than a half of all tickets were sold.
“The sales will be renewed in autumn, when the second stage of the ticket program starts, and the tickets will be sold with specification of seats”, – Dmitry Chernyshenko has stated.
There has been earlier information from “Yugopolis” that, according to experts, a typical fan will have to pay approximately $10 000 for the visit to Olympics 2014.
English translation by BSN
More on the topic
- 14.01.2014 Five athletes to represent Moldova at Sochi Olympic Games
- 26.12.2013 Cruise ships to call at port Sochi on February 1-5, 2014
- 26.12.2013 Rosmorport to deploy 5 tugs at Sochi port for Sochi 2014 Olympics
- 09.12.2013 German President boycotts Sochi Olympics in Russia
- 08.11.2013 Olympic torch taken to open space by Russian cosmonauts
- 01.10.2013 Olympic flame lit for Sochi 2014 Winter Games
- 27.08.2013 Transport entrance to Sochi to be closed for the Olympics period
- 30.07.2013 One-third of Olympic transport will be adapted for disabled
- 02.07.2013 12 thousand employees of the Ministry of Emergencies to ensure security at the Olympics 2014
- 24.01.2013 Investors buy snow machines for Sochi Olympic Games
- 04.01.2013 Olympic flame will be brought to Sochi on Russian troika
- 04.01.2013 4 railway stations will be renovated in Sochi