12 thousand employees of the Ministry of Emergencies to ensure security at the Olympics 2014
The main group will include approximately 7 thousand rescuers and firemen. Additional forces will be provided by the city and the Krai. Up to 2 thousand machinery units will be utilized during the Games, including the mobile complex for information and alerting of people.
“Security will be ensured by virtually all firemen, rescuers of the Southern Federal District, and all regions within this Federal District”, – Alexander Kobyatsky, Deputy Director of the Southern Regional Center at the Ministry of Emergencies, has stated.
According to him, the preparation was started in 2010. The rescuers used this period of time to conduct 12 trainings and work out test competitions.
English translation by BSN
More on the topic
- 14.01.2014 Five athletes to represent Moldova at Sochi Olympic Games
- 26.12.2013 Cruise ships to call at port Sochi on February 1-5, 2014
- 26.12.2013 Rosmorport to deploy 5 tugs at Sochi port for Sochi 2014 Olympics
- 09.12.2013 German President boycotts Sochi Olympics in Russia
- 08.11.2013 Olympic torch taken to open space by Russian cosmonauts
- 01.10.2013 Olympic flame lit for Sochi 2014 Winter Games
- 27.08.2013 Transport entrance to Sochi to be closed for the Olympics period
- 30.07.2013 One-third of Olympic transport will be adapted for disabled
- 05.07.2013 Sochi Olympics ticket sales to be renewed in autumn
- 24.01.2013 Investors buy snow machines for Sochi Olympic Games
- 04.01.2013 Olympic flame will be brought to Sochi on Russian troika
- 04.01.2013 4 railway stations will be renovated in Sochi