4 railway stations will be renovated in Sochi
Renovation of railway stations «Dagomys», «Sochi», «Matsesta» and «Khosta» will be completed in 2013, Yugopolis informs.
Besides, construction of a new modern railway station will be completed in Adler. It will become the largest transport interchange hub and will receive not only road and rail, but also by sea transport. In addition, it will be connected with the nearby air terminal via high-speed rail line.
According to Sochi’s Mayor Mr. Anatoly Pakhomov, with the development of railway network in the resort, electric trains will become one of the types of the city transportation.
English translation by BSN
More on the topic
- 14.01.2014 Five athletes to represent Moldova at Sochi Olympic Games
- 26.12.2013 Cruise ships to call at port Sochi on February 1-5, 2014
- 26.12.2013 Rosmorport to deploy 5 tugs at Sochi port for Sochi 2014 Olympics
- 09.12.2013 German President boycotts Sochi Olympics in Russia
- 08.11.2013 Olympic torch taken to open space by Russian cosmonauts
- 01.10.2013 Olympic flame lit for Sochi 2014 Winter Games
- 27.08.2013 Transport entrance to Sochi to be closed for the Olympics period
- 30.07.2013 One-third of Olympic transport will be adapted for disabled
- 05.07.2013 Sochi Olympics ticket sales to be renewed in autumn
- 02.07.2013 12 thousand employees of the Ministry of Emergencies to ensure security at the Olympics 2014
- 24.01.2013 Investors buy snow machines for Sochi Olympic Games
- 04.01.2013 Olympic flame will be brought to Sochi on Russian troika