Transport entrance to Sochi to be closed for the Olympics period
Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed the decree on limitation and prohibition of transport entrance to Sochi for the time of the Winter Olympics 2014.
According to this decree, the entrance to Sochi and transport vehicles’ driving at the city territory will be prohibited from January 7 till March 21, 2014.
Th exception will relate to railway rolling stock, transport vehicles, registered in the city, and vehicles of the emergency and operational services. The traffic around the Olympic city will also be allowed for vehicles with special accreditation permits.
In addition to that, all political meetings, rallies, demonstrations, processions, and pickets will be prohibited during the Olympic Games time.
More on the topic
- 14.01.2014 Five athletes to represent Moldova at Sochi Olympic Games
- 26.12.2013 Cruise ships to call at port Sochi on February 1-5, 2014
- 26.12.2013 Rosmorport to deploy 5 tugs at Sochi port for Sochi 2014 Olympics
- 09.12.2013 German President boycotts Sochi Olympics in Russia
- 08.11.2013 Olympic torch taken to open space by Russian cosmonauts
- 01.10.2013 Olympic flame lit for Sochi 2014 Winter Games
- 30.07.2013 One-third of Olympic transport will be adapted for disabled
- 05.07.2013 Sochi Olympics ticket sales to be renewed in autumn
- 02.07.2013 12 thousand employees of the Ministry of Emergencies to ensure security at the Olympics 2014
- 24.01.2013 Investors buy snow machines for Sochi Olympic Games
- 04.01.2013 Olympic flame will be brought to Sochi on Russian troika
- 04.01.2013 4 railway stations will be renovated in Sochi