Russia and Turkey to enhance ties
Russia and Turkey are going to enhance political cooperation, a joint statement issued on April 17 by the two countries says.
The statement followed the third meeting of the joint working team established to enhanced mutual ties. The meeting was held in Istanbul and was headed by Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and Turkish Foreign MInister Ahmet Davutoglu.
«The ministers stressed the common will to enhance mutual ties, overtly expressed by the leaders of the two countries,» the statement reads.
Among other issues the ministers discussed trade turnover between the two states and the construction of the South Stream gas pipeline.
Adapted from Vestnik Kavkaza
More on the topic
- 04.07.2013 Turkey calls on Russia to clarify S-300 deal with Syria
- 30.11.2012 Putin will visit Turkey on December 3
- 14.11.2012 Krasnodar may find twin city in Turkey
- 13.11.2012 Russia to make observation plan in Turkey
- 18.10.2012 Russia to target Turkey with anti-aircraft missiles
- 09.10.2012 Gazprom boosts gas supply to Turkey 60% due to pipeline explosion
- 01.10.2012 Turkish plane to make observation flight in Russia