Gazprom boosts gas supply to Turkey 60% due to pipeline explosion
Gazprom has boosted gas supplies to Turkey 60% due to an explosion along a gas pipeline that carries gas from Iran to Turkey, Interfax reports.
Gazprom said in a press release that the Turkish company Botas had asked it to increase supplies along the Blue Stream pipeline until the other pipeline becomes operational again.
«On October 8th 2012, in keeping with a request by the Turkish side, Gazprom increased the volumes of export gas to Turkey from 30 million to 48 million cubic meters per day,» Gazprom said.
Gazprom has responded to similar requests from Turkey in the past, capacity permitting.
Adapted from Vestnik Kavkaza
More on the topic
- 04.07.2013 Turkey calls on Russia to clarify S-300 deal with Syria
- 18.04.2013 Russia and Turkey to enhance ties
- 30.11.2012 Putin will visit Turkey on December 3
- 14.11.2012 Krasnodar may find twin city in Turkey
- 13.11.2012 Russia to make observation plan in Turkey
- 18.10.2012 Russia to target Turkey with anti-aircraft missiles
- 01.10.2012 Turkish plane to make observation flight in Russia