Putin will visit Turkey on December 3
Amid developments in regional and bilateral relations between Turkey and Russia, President Vladimir Putin of Russia is expected to pay a high profile visit in Turkey next month, which is seen by some analysts as a sign of the importance Putin attaches to ties with Ankara.
«Turkey and Russia are two reliable partners. Putin's visit is a good sign and it shows the cooperation between the two countries will continue,» Maxim Filimonov, first deputy editor-in-chief with Russia's official Ria Novosti news agency, told The Anadolu Agency.
Filimonov said Russian business world had recently increased investments in Turkey, adding the acquisition of Turkey's Denizbank by Russian Sberbank was an important sign of cooperation.
Anna Glazova with the Russian Institute of Strategic Studies said growing political and economic cooperation between Turkey and Russia over the past decade was of great importance for regional security.
Putin is expected to arrive in Turkey on December 3 for a meeting of the High Level Cooperation Council in Istanbul.
The meeting is expected to discuss ways to boost economic and trade ties and review bilateral relations and international developments as well.
Putin's press office released a statement over the visit, saying that the council meeting will seek cooperation opportunities especially in energy and banking sectors.
The statement said Putin and Turkish Prime Minister Erdogan will hold separate meetings with Turkish and Russian businesspeople, adding that the two countries will also sign several agreements during the visit.
Adapted from Worldbulletin
More on the topic
- 04.07.2013 Turkey calls on Russia to clarify S-300 deal with Syria
- 18.04.2013 Russia and Turkey to enhance ties
- 14.11.2012 Krasnodar may find twin city in Turkey
- 13.11.2012 Russia to make observation plan in Turkey
- 18.10.2012 Russia to target Turkey with anti-aircraft missiles
- 09.10.2012 Gazprom boosts gas supply to Turkey 60% due to pipeline explosion
- 01.10.2012 Turkish plane to make observation flight in Russia