Regardless of political rhetoric, Russia is further investing in Moldova – Trade Representative of the RF
“In spite of the politicians’ rhetoric, which may be assessed quite differently, the Russian private business is further investing in the Moldovan economy,” said acting Trade Representative of the Russian Federation to Moldova, Alexei Perekalin.
In an interview with your Infotag correspondent, he said that the recent granting to concession of the Chisinau International Airport, to the Russian Company ‘KOMAKS’ is a clear proof in this respect.
“Our relations are natural and our economies are inter-connected, in spite of the fact that over the past decades we have been living in different states. The dynamic growth pace in the trade turnover between the Russian Federation and the Republic of Moldova, recorded over the past three years, clearly shows that Moldova’s future lies within the markers of the Commonwealth of Independent States.
He also said that the official figure of direct foreign investments of the Russian Federation in Moldova - US$322 million, does not reflect the real picture in this sector.
“There are two important examples. The Russian gas concern Gazprom which has its daughter company in Moldova – Moldovagaz, is managing gas pipes here and is investing money in the modernization of gas infrastructure. Another example is the leading oil company Lukoil, which has a large network of gas-filling stations in Moldova, but is recorded in the RM as a representative of its Dutch ‘daughter-company’. These circumstances do not allow us assessing the real capital investments made by the Russian business in the Moldovan economy,” he said.
More on the topic
- 06.12.2013 European top bank lends loan for Moldovan harness factory
- 27.09.2013 Five new industrial residents to invest in northern Moldova FEZ
- 12.09.2013 Over 7 million euros to be invested in bio-fuel enterprise from Moldovan town
- 09.09.2013 World Bank Group launches new Country Partnership Strategy for the Republic of Moldova
- 19.08.2013 Gagauzia authorities eliminate last impediment to sportive center construction in Ceadir-Lunga
- 25.07.2013 Ukrainian company invests in juice concentrate in Moldova
- 27.06.2013 Second private industrial park to be created in Moldova
- 10.01.2013 European institutions were the largest donors to Moldova in 2012