Gagauzia authorities eliminate last impediment to sportive center construction in Ceadir-Lunga
The authorities of the southern Moldovan autonomous region of Gagauzia have at last succeeded in converting 10 hectares of farm lands into a technical ground for the building of an ambitious sportive center in the town of Ceadir-Lunga.
An appropriate resolution of the Gagauzia Executive Committee [regional government] on changing the land status came into effect on Friday. The remainder 6 hectares necessary for construction did not present any problem in terms of status formalization.
Executive Committee Deputy Chairperson Valery Yanioglo told your Infotag correspondent that the regional authorities have thus fulfilled their mission, and will send all necessary documents to potential investors in the nearest future. He believes construction works will begin already this year.
The sportive complex building project was initiated yet in August 2011, but its realization was delayed due to the absence of a proper ground.
The complex will be built with the financial assistance of Azerbaijan and will bear the name of Geidar Aliyev, ex-President of the former Soviet republic of Azerbaijan, which is now headed by his son – President Ilham Aliyev. The Azerbaijan investment in the sportive project is expected to be US$5 million.
At the said 16-hectare ground at the outskirts of Ceadir-Lunga, project initiators are going to build a football field, a track and field facility, a stadium, tennis courts, a swimming pool, and a hotel.
The agreement on building the Geidar Aliyev sportive complex was reached with Azerbaijani investors shortly after the visit paid to Baku (Azerbaijan) by Bashkan [Governor] of Gagauzia Mikhail Formuzal and his meeting with President Ilham Aliyev.
Adapted from infotag
More on the topic
- 06.12.2013 European top bank lends loan for Moldovan harness factory
- 27.09.2013 Five new industrial residents to invest in northern Moldova FEZ
- 12.09.2013 Over 7 million euros to be invested in bio-fuel enterprise from Moldovan town
- 09.09.2013 World Bank Group launches new Country Partnership Strategy for the Republic of Moldova
- 06.09.2013 Regardless of political rhetoric, Russia is further investing in Moldova – Trade Representative of the RF
- 25.07.2013 Ukrainian company invests in juice concentrate in Moldova
- 27.06.2013 Second private industrial park to be created in Moldova
- 10.01.2013 European institutions were the largest donors to Moldova in 2012