European institutions were the largest donors to Moldova in 2012
As the head of Moldova’s State Chancellery Division of Policies, Strategic Planning and Foreign Aid Mr. Ruslan Codreanu reported at a meeting of the Inter-ministerial Committee for strategic planning, as of October 1, 2012, most projects involving donor assistance were implemented in the agricultural sector, their total budget exceeded US$ 341 million.
According to Moldpres, in the area of strengthening public administration and civil society the projects implemented amounted to $217.4 million, the budget of projects in social infrastructure and services exceeded $192.4 million, and in transportation and warehousing - about $191 million.
As of October 1, 2012 the largest donors to the Republic of Moldova were the European Union (US$ 336 mln), EBRD/European Investment Bank (US$ 327.5 mln), the United States of America (US$ 253.3 mln), the World Bank (US$ 173.9 mln), Romania (US$ 101.7 mln), and the United Nations ($ 64.7 million).
62% of the funding for the projects was provided in the form of grants. Totally, 189 projects are being implemented on grants, and 25 - on loans.
English translation by BSN
More on the topic
- 06.12.2013 European top bank lends loan for Moldovan harness factory
- 27.09.2013 Five new industrial residents to invest in northern Moldova FEZ
- 12.09.2013 Over 7 million euros to be invested in bio-fuel enterprise from Moldovan town
- 09.09.2013 World Bank Group launches new Country Partnership Strategy for the Republic of Moldova
- 06.09.2013 Regardless of political rhetoric, Russia is further investing in Moldova – Trade Representative of the RF
- 19.08.2013 Gagauzia authorities eliminate last impediment to sportive center construction in Ceadir-Lunga
- 25.07.2013 Ukrainian company invests in juice concentrate in Moldova
- 27.06.2013 Second private industrial park to be created in Moldova