Turkey sees boom in number of tourists
The number of foreign tourists visiting Turkey increased by 10.7% to 19 mln in January-July, 2013, it was stated in the report of Turkish Ministry of Culture and Tourism, APA reports quoting Cihan agency.
According to the report, 10 mln of tourists arrived in Turkey from Europe, 4.8 mln - from the CIS countries.
Antalya tops the visited cities. About 6 mln tourists traveled to Antalya during the reporting period. The second place is occupied by Istanbul with 5.8 mln tourists, the third – Mugla with 1.6 mln tourists.
2.6 mln tourists fell to share of Germany. The second and third places are taken by Russia and England (1.3 mln). The top 10 also includes Georgia, Bulgaria, Holland, Belgium, Iran, France and the US. Despite the cold relationship between Turkey and Israel, the number of tourists coming from Israel doubled in the first half of 2013.
More on the topic
- 05.12.2013 Russians to construct BGN 18M spa in Bulgaria
- 17.10.2013 Over half a million Ukrainians visit Turkey this year
- 17.09.2013 January-July data on Armenian citizens traveling to Turkey
- 02.07.2013 Istanbul Turkey's dearest city in 2012
- 25.06.2013 Antalya's great start: 10.4 million tourists in five months
- 19.06.2013 More Armenian citizens visit Turkey between January and April 2013
- 19.06.2013 Fewer Russian tourists visiting Istanbul
- 18.06.2013 New measures in effect for hot air balloons in Cappadocia
- 14.06.2013 Turkey's Cappadocia region breaks tourist record this year
- 12.04.2013 Cappadocia on the rise
- 06.02.2013 Istanbul hosts half million foreign visitors last month
- 27.12.2012 Free-wheeling vacationers bring good income to Turkey