Over half a million Ukrainians visit Turkey this year
531,000 Ukrainian tourists visited Turkey over eight months of this year. This is 19% up against the same period of the previous year.
Attache for culture and information in the Turkish Embassy in Ukraine Berat Yildiz has said about this during the opening of the 21st Ukrainian tourist forum in Kyiv.
“Over the first eight months of this year, 531,000 of Ukrainian tourists visited Turkey. This is very serious growth, by more than 19%, against the same period of the previous year,” he noted.
According to the diplomat, in 2008, before the beginning of the economic crisis, 735,000 Ukrainians visited Turkey with the tourism purposes. In 2009, this index fell by 23-24%. However, as Yildiz stressed, the number of Ukrainians visiting Turkey is expected to exceed the pre-crisis index this year. And if a positive trend preserves until the end of 2013, the number of Ukrainian tourists may reach 750,000,” he added.
Yildiz also stressed that a great number of Ukrainian tourists (about 54%) considers it is better to have a rest in Antalya. At the same time, according to him, with every year passing, the number of tourists grows who visit Istanbul. “Over eight months of this year, 160,000 Ukrainians visited this city, which is 28% up against the same period of the previous year,” the diplomat stresses.
As regards a flow of Turkish tourists to Ukraine, Yildiz noted that it grew by 50% to 117,000 persons in 2012 against 2011. “This figure is expected to rise to 150,000 in 2013,” he said.
In addition, the Embassy representative also stressed that Ukraine and Turkey actively cooperate in the sphere of culture. In this connection, he accentuated on a “very important event” - the Days of Ukrainian culture in Turkey, held for the first time this year. The diplomat also said that this September, about 1,500 schoolchildren from Turkey passed their holidays in Crimea with the aim of familiarizing with historical monuments and Ukrainian culture.
Adapted from ukrinform
More on the topic
- 05.12.2013 Russians to construct BGN 18M spa in Bulgaria
- 17.09.2013 January-July data on Armenian citizens traveling to Turkey
- 27.08.2013 Turkey sees boom in number of tourists
- 02.07.2013 Istanbul Turkey's dearest city in 2012
- 25.06.2013 Antalya's great start: 10.4 million tourists in five months
- 19.06.2013 More Armenian citizens visit Turkey between January and April 2013
- 19.06.2013 Fewer Russian tourists visiting Istanbul
- 18.06.2013 New measures in effect for hot air balloons in Cappadocia
- 14.06.2013 Turkey's Cappadocia region breaks tourist record this year
- 12.04.2013 Cappadocia on the rise
- 06.02.2013 Istanbul hosts half million foreign visitors last month
- 27.12.2012 Free-wheeling vacationers bring good income to Turkey