Ukraine hopes to sign agreement with ExxonMobil by end of September
A production sharing agreement with a consortium led by ExxonMobil for the development of the Skifska oil and gas field on the Black Sea shelf could be signed by the end of September 2013.
Ukrainian Energy and Coal Industry Minister Eduard Stavytsky said this at a briefing at the Cabinet of Ministers on Wednesday, a Ukrinform correspondent reported.
"As for the signing [of the agreement] with ExxonMobil, the government has reached the finish line. We expect the agreement to be signed at the end of September. It has been submitted to the government. The government decided on representatives and issued a resolution on an interagency commission, which I head. We will today meet and decide on the date of signing [the agreement] with ExxonMobil," he said.
As reported, on August 15, 2012, a consortium comprised of ExxonMobil, Shell, Petrom (based in Romania, a subsidiary of Austria's OMV) and NJSC Nadra Ukrainy was declared the winner of the PSA tender for the development of the Skifska oil and gas field on the Black Sea shelf.
The Skifska field covers an area of 16,698 square kilometers and borders Serpent Island. The total investment in this field is estimated at $10-12 billion. Projected annual natural gas production could total 3-4 billion cubic meters, and budget revenues could reach UAH 80-90 billion.
More on the topic
- 29.11.2013 Ukraine will sign gas contract with Slovakia next week – Stavytsky
- 14.11.2013 Ukraine triples gas supplies from Europe
- 06.11.2013 Ukraine will sign agreement on Skifska field development in November - Stavytsky
- 06.11.2013 Ukraine, Chevron sign hydrocarbon sharing agreement
- 05.11.2013 Ukraine, Croatia to sign memorandum on Adriatic Gas Corridor Nov. 5
- 04.11.2013 Ukraine plans to sign PSA with Eni and EDF on Black Sea shelf by 2014
- 30.10.2013 Ukraine reopens gas imports via Poland
- 28.10.2013 Ukraine to get gas along Adriatic corridor via Croatia, Hungary
- 17.10.2013 Ukraine hopes to get five billion cubic meters of shale gas in next five years
- 04.10.2013 Ukraine invites Japan to participate in construction of LNG terminal
- 03.10.2013 Government plans to sign agreement with ExxonMobil in October
- 01.10.2013 Ukraine further cuts Russian gas consumption