Azerbaijan, Turkey team up for military drill
The opening ceremony of the Azerbaijan-Turkey joint military exercises was held at Garaheybat Training Centre of Azerbaijan's Defense Ministry on July 16.
During his speech at the event, the Chief of Main Operation Department of the Armed Forces, Major-General Eyvaz Jafarov, said that Azerbaijani-Turkish relations are developing at high level, Azerbaijan's Defense Ministry reported.
Jafarov also noted that the meetings of Azerbaijan-Turkey High Level Cooperation Council held in Izmir in 2011 and in Gabala in 2012 with the participation of the heads of two countries are of great importance.
The large scale military exercise that is being carried out for the first time is a result of the decision taken at the highest level. During the event it was also noted that the sides by carrying out these exercises are fulfilling the important tasks put before them by the leadership of the two states.
Major-General Eyvaz Jafarov also said that these exercises are very important from the point of view of increasing combat capability of our Armed Forces, achieving operation coordination as well as securing security and stability in the region.
From now on Azerbaijan-Turkey joint military exercises will be carried out each year by turns in Azerbaijan and Turkey.
Adapted from TODAY.AZ
More on the topic
- 04.10.2013 Exercise "Egrisi 2013" is over in Georgia
- 28.08.2013 Bulgaria and Serbia conduct joint exercises in the Black Sea
- 09.08.2013 Russian Black Sea Fleet is conducting military exercise near Sevastopol
- 25.07.2013 Russian military personnel trains the skills of maneuvering defense at Abkhazia mountainsab
- 23.07.2013 Moldovan servicemen participated in local Under Blue Sky – 2013 exercise
- 19.07.2013 Moldovan servicemen show high proficiency level at Rapid Trident 2013 exercise
- 16.07.2013 Sea Breeze 2013: Ukrainian paratroopers learn best practice of Allied forces
- 10.07.2013 Azeri-US Military Drills to Be Conducted in Bulgaria
- 09.07.2013 Moldovan servicemen participating in ‘Rapid Trident 2013’ multinational exercise in Ukraine
- 03.07.2013 Moldovan, Romanian militaries participate in bilateral peacekeeping military drills
- 19.06.2013 “Fairway of Peace 2013” exercises of the Ukrainian Navy and Russian Black Sea Fleet to start on June 19
- 24.09.2012 Turkey, Azerbaijan and Georgia start joint military drills