Russian Black Sea Fleet is conducting military exercise near Sevastopol
In the course of the two-week field training at the area of the Kacha fleet aerodrome, the anti-aircraft and missile regiment (AAMR) of the detached marines brigade of the Black Sea Fleet (BSF) is exercising the detection, tracking, and elimination of air targets in the intensive aviation flight zone.
The major task of the exercises is to ensure the practical preparation for the regiment tactical training with combat fires at the state firing ground Kapustin Yar (Astrakhan region).
The training includes up to 200 AAMR servicemen and more than 50 combat machinery units, including Su-24 and Be-12 aircrafts and Mi-8 and Ka-27 helicopters of the Black Sea Fleet marine aviation.
More on the topic
- 04.10.2013 Exercise "Egrisi 2013" is over in Georgia
- 28.08.2013 Bulgaria and Serbia conduct joint exercises in the Black Sea
- 25.07.2013 Russian military personnel trains the skills of maneuvering defense at Abkhazia mountainsab
- 23.07.2013 Moldovan servicemen participated in local Under Blue Sky – 2013 exercise
- 19.07.2013 Moldovan servicemen show high proficiency level at Rapid Trident 2013 exercise
- 17.07.2013 Azerbaijan, Turkey team up for military drill
- 16.07.2013 Sea Breeze 2013: Ukrainian paratroopers learn best practice of Allied forces
- 10.07.2013 Azeri-US Military Drills to Be Conducted in Bulgaria
- 09.07.2013 Moldovan servicemen participating in ‘Rapid Trident 2013’ multinational exercise in Ukraine
- 03.07.2013 Moldovan, Romanian militaries participate in bilateral peacekeeping military drills
- 19.06.2013 “Fairway of Peace 2013” exercises of the Ukrainian Navy and Russian Black Sea Fleet to start on June 19
- 24.09.2012 Turkey, Azerbaijan and Georgia start joint military drills