Russia to substantiate soon the need for the Strait of Kerch bridge to Ukraine
In the days to come Russian will present to Ukraine a detailed offer on the construction of the bridge across the Strait of Kerch. Such information has been announced by the Russian Ambassador Mikhail Zurabov.
The diplomat has noted that at the stage of commencement of this project, in particular, at the stage of the design documents’’ development, the financing will be provided by the Russian Vnesheconombank. In addition to that, Russian VTB has also expressed its interest in the financing of this project.
According to Mr. Zurabov, the possibility for laying out of a gas pipeline and power supply network along the bridge to satisfy the needs of the Crimean peninsula is currently under study. “If a bridge is going to be built, there is also a possibility to feed gas and power to the Crimea... They will be supplied right along the bridge”, - he has stated.
At that he Russian Ambassador has noted that implementation of these projects depends on the perspectives for the Crimean development, declared by the Ukrainian party.
English translation by BSN
More on the topic
- 19.12.2013 Russia to buy $15bln in Ukrainian bonds
- 18.12.2013 Putin: Russia could use defense capacities of Ukraine
- 18.12.2013 Putin: Moscow, Kyiv did not discuss Ukraine's accession to Customs Union
- 16.12.2013 Medvedev urges Ukraine to overcome "tectonic split"
- 29.11.2013 State Duma wants new strategic partnership deal between Russia, Ukraine
- 06.11.2013 Russian business sees benefits from Ukraine's association with EU
- 01.11.2013 Ukraine to demand introduction of transition period for making foreign passports to travel to Russia - MFA
- 16.10.2013 Russia suggests analyzing jointly all possible risks through signing the Association Agreement between Ukraine and EU
- 02.10.2013 Russia refuses Ukrainian wagons
- 27.09.2013 Ukraine, Russia will continue discussions on joint production of AN-124 Ruslan in October
- 10.09.2013 Russia refuses to use Ukrainian Nitka naval pilot training site
- 09.09.2013 WTO to help Ukraine settle disputes with Russia