Black Sea Navy commanders meet in Crimea
Friday, May 17. CRIMEA – Crimea hosts the 13th Meeting of Black Sea Navy commanders. The event headed by Vice Admiral Yurii Ilyin, Commander of Ukrainian Navy, is attended by the representatives of Bulgaria, Georgia, Romania, Turkey, Russian Federation, and Ukraine.
“The main aim of our meeting is defined by role and responsibilities of the Commanders Committee as a management body of BLACKSEAFOR,” noted Vice Admiral Yurii Ilyin.
Commander of national navy considered in details the issues related to new challenges and menaces response, described the position of the Ukrainian party in BLACKSEAFOR preparation for participation in measures against ecological dangers. According to him, it is worth paying attention to the experience generalization, as well as to information exchange impr63893ovement. Vice Admiral Yurii Ilyin invited his peers for open and constructive dialog to increase effectiveness of cooperation.
The delegates will summarize the results of August 2012 and April 2013 activations, discuss and agree the BLACKSEAFOR program for 2013-2014 and 2014-2018, consider the proposals of BLACKSEAFOR command, sign related documents and other events.
More on the topic
- 28.08.2013 Blaсkseafor ships start next phase of activation
- 15.08.2013 BLACKSEAFOR ships arrived to Sevastopol
- 14.08.2013 BLAСKSEAFOR visit Sevastopol
- 11.06.2013 Sevastopol: Meeting of the planning group of BLACKSEAFOR Cooperation Task Group
- 12.04.2013 Blackseafor naval group arrives in Constanta port
- 12.04.2013 Blackseafor completes sea drills
- 04.04.2013 BLACKSEAFOR activities to take place between April 5 and 23 in 5 phases