Georgia will receive additional 600 MW from Azerbaijan within the first three months of the new year
The Georgian authorities have agreed to supply 200 MW per month in the first quarter of the forthcoming year 2013.
«We have agreed with Azerenergy that in January, February and March the company will deliver enough electricity to make up for shortfalls,» Energy Minister Kakha Kaladze said upon his return from Baku.
The Energy Minister said that during the winter heating season Georgia will not experience seasonal power shortages, because it will also receive a certain amount from Russia.
Kaladze said that during his visit to Baku problems of electricity exports in summer were also discussed.
Adapted from Vestnik Kavkaza
More on the topic
- 05.12.2013 Half of Georgia's oil importation from Azerbaijan
- 28.10.2013 Car on top of Georgia's export to Azerbaijan
- 12.09.2013 Azerbaijan among the top five countries investing in Georgia
- 27.08.2013 Building bars imported from Georgia called low quality
- 02.08.2013 Georgia, Azerbaijan ink paper on emergency response
- 18.06.2013 Georgian Defense Minister Visits Azerbaijan
- 26.12.2012 Georgian PM visits Azerbaijan
- 03.10.2012 Georgia's elections won't change its relations with Azerbaijan - expert