Half of Georgia's oil importation from Azerbaijan
Georgia imported 224,970 tons of oil and oil products in January-October 2013 which amounted to $209.73 million, GruzStat (Georgian National Statistical Service) reported.
In total, $ 746.19 million worth oil products were imported by Georgia in January-October 2013. This means Azerbaijan provides 28.11 per cent of the country's import in this category.
According to the report, taking an annual calculation, the volume of oil and oil products imported by Georgia from Azerbaijan decreased by 26.05 per cent (quantitatively by 21.51 per cent or 61,660 tons). By comparison Georgia imported 283.62 million worth of 286,630 tons of oil products in January-October 2012.
The specific weight of oil and oil products amounted to 43.62 per cent in the total volume of imports from Azerbaijan during the reported period.
Georgia imported $480.85 million worth of products from Azerbaijan in January-October 2013. The volume of imports from Azerbaijan to Georgia decreased by 8.39 per cent during the reported period compared to the same period of 2012. For comparison Georgia imported $524.9 million worth of products from Azerbaijan in January-October 2012.
Adapted from Тoday.az
More on the topic
- 28.10.2013 Car on top of Georgia's export to Azerbaijan
- 12.09.2013 Azerbaijan among the top five countries investing in Georgia
- 27.08.2013 Building bars imported from Georgia called low quality
- 02.08.2013 Georgia, Azerbaijan ink paper on emergency response
- 18.06.2013 Georgian Defense Minister Visits Azerbaijan
- 03.01.2013 Georgia will receive additional 600 MW from Azerbaijan within the first three months of the new year
- 26.12.2012 Georgian PM visits Azerbaijan
- 03.10.2012 Georgia's elections won't change its relations with Azerbaijan - expert