Georgia's elections won't change its relations with Azerbaijan - expert
The recent parliamentary elections held in Georgia won't change the country's relations with Azerbaijan, fellow of the Ankara's University of Economy and Technology Togrul Ismail told VK.
«No matter what the results of the polls are, Azerbaijan is first of all interested in stability,» Ismail said.
«For Azerbaijan, Georgia is a transit country, which is strategically important,» he added.
«That is why the results of these ecletions won't change the main tendency in bilateral relations. Georgia is also interested in economic cooperation with Azerbaijan,» the expert explained.
Adapted from Vestnik Kavkaza
More on the topic
- 05.12.2013 Half of Georgia's oil importation from Azerbaijan
- 28.10.2013 Car on top of Georgia's export to Azerbaijan
- 12.09.2013 Azerbaijan among the top five countries investing in Georgia
- 27.08.2013 Building bars imported from Georgia called low quality
- 02.08.2013 Georgia, Azerbaijan ink paper on emergency response
- 18.06.2013 Georgian Defense Minister Visits Azerbaijan
- 03.01.2013 Georgia will receive additional 600 MW from Azerbaijan within the first three months of the new year
- 26.12.2012 Georgian PM visits Azerbaijan