Turkey to start production of ANKA drones
The Turkish state company for aviation and space industry will start production of ANKA drones in late 2013, Minister for Defense Industry Murad Bayar says, Anadolu reports.
ANKA will fly at medium altitude. Its designing started in 2004 with 180 engineers involved.
Turkey is also developing the Simsek drone. It will be 2.3 meters long with a wingspread of 1.5 meters. It will fly at a maximum speed of 740 km per hour with a launch mass of 75 kg.
Adapted from Vestnik Kavkaza
More on the topic
- 04.10.2013 Turkey's military secrets 'secret' for China
- 26.09.2013 Turkey builds scout drone
- 23.07.2013 Turkey completes testing of domestic Altay tank
- 23.07.2013 Turkey builds antimine robot
- 03.07.2013 Turkey signs UN Arms Trade Treaty
- 02.07.2013 Turkey increases investments in defense industry
- 30.04.2013 Turkey presents T-155 Firtina SP artillery mount
- 18.02.2013 NATO concludes missile deployment in Turkey
- 30.01.2013 Turkey is increasing production of weapons
- 22.01.2013 US is top importer of Turkish weapons
- 11.01.2013 Turkey will return Patriot missiles when tensions on Turkish-Syrian border are over
- 09.01.2013 German Patriot missiles arrive in Turkey