US is top importer of Turkish weapons
The US bought weapons worth $490 million in Turkey, about five-fold more than the volumes bought by the UAE ($101 million) and Saudi Arabia ($99 million), Trend reports.
Exports of weapons from Turkey increased by 35.7% to $1.2 billion.
Helicopters, planes and their parts were sold for $287 million, turbojet engines for $218 million, spare parts for tanks and armored vehicles for $106 million.
Adapted from Vestnik Kavkaza
More on the topic
- 04.10.2013 Turkey's military secrets 'secret' for China
- 26.09.2013 Turkey builds scout drone
- 23.07.2013 Turkey completes testing of domestic Altay tank
- 23.07.2013 Turkey builds antimine robot
- 03.07.2013 Turkey signs UN Arms Trade Treaty
- 02.07.2013 Turkey increases investments in defense industry
- 30.04.2013 Turkey presents T-155 Firtina SP artillery mount
- 18.02.2013 NATO concludes missile deployment in Turkey
- 30.01.2013 Turkey is increasing production of weapons
- 11.01.2013 Turkey will return Patriot missiles when tensions on Turkish-Syrian border are over
- 09.01.2013 German Patriot missiles arrive in Turkey
- 28.12.2012 Germany to ship Patriots to Turkey on January 8