Turkey will return Patriot missiles when tensions on Turkish-Syrian border are over
Turkey will return the anti-aircraft Patriot missile system to Germany and Holland as soon as the tensions on the Turkish-Syrian border are over, the Turkish Foreign Minister, Ahmet Davutoglu, said on January 10.
He once again pointed out that the missiles are not aimed against any country and serve only to protect Turkey.
The arrival of the Patriot air defense missile system and 400 American soldiers to strengthen the defense of Turkey against missile threats from Syria is expected in late January.
Adapted from Vestnik Kavkaza
More on the topic
- 04.10.2013 Turkey's military secrets 'secret' for China
- 26.09.2013 Turkey builds scout drone
- 23.07.2013 Turkey completes testing of domestic Altay tank
- 23.07.2013 Turkey builds antimine robot
- 03.07.2013 Turkey signs UN Arms Trade Treaty
- 02.07.2013 Turkey increases investments in defense industry
- 30.04.2013 Turkey presents T-155 Firtina SP artillery mount
- 18.02.2013 NATO concludes missile deployment in Turkey
- 30.01.2013 Turkey is increasing production of weapons
- 22.01.2013 US is top importer of Turkish weapons
- 09.01.2013 German Patriot missiles arrive in Turkey
- 28.12.2012 Germany to ship Patriots to Turkey on January 8