Turkey increases investments in defense industry
Aziz Meydan, deputy head of the Association of Aeronautics and Cosmonautics of Turkey, said that the country was planning to increase export of military products five-fold in the next years.
Turkey has exported military products worth $42.8 million this year. The exports increased by 12.6% in April 2013, compared with April 2012.
Turkey national military industry fulfills 54% of demands.
Adapted from Vestnik Kavkaza
More on the topic
- 04.10.2013 Turkey's military secrets 'secret' for China
- 26.09.2013 Turkey builds scout drone
- 23.07.2013 Turkey completes testing of domestic Altay tank
- 23.07.2013 Turkey builds antimine robot
- 03.07.2013 Turkey signs UN Arms Trade Treaty
- 30.04.2013 Turkey presents T-155 Firtina SP artillery mount
- 18.02.2013 NATO concludes missile deployment in Turkey
- 30.01.2013 Turkey is increasing production of weapons
- 22.01.2013 US is top importer of Turkish weapons
- 11.01.2013 Turkey will return Patriot missiles when tensions on Turkish-Syrian border are over
- 09.01.2013 German Patriot missiles arrive in Turkey
- 28.12.2012 Germany to ship Patriots to Turkey on January 8