Turkey builds antimine robot
The Aseslan Company of Turkey has built the Kaplan antimine robot tested at a US base and put on the list of NATO orders, Trend reports.
The robot can see objects at a distance of 500m. It can work at a temperature range from -30 to +60 C. Its batteries allow it to move 15km without stopping.
Turkish national defense industry fulfills 54% of demands for weapons.
Adapted from Vestnik Kavkaza
More on the topic
- 04.10.2013 Turkey's military secrets 'secret' for China
- 26.09.2013 Turkey builds scout drone
- 23.07.2013 Turkey completes testing of domestic Altay tank
- 03.07.2013 Turkey signs UN Arms Trade Treaty
- 02.07.2013 Turkey increases investments in defense industry
- 30.04.2013 Turkey presents T-155 Firtina SP artillery mount
- 18.02.2013 NATO concludes missile deployment in Turkey
- 30.01.2013 Turkey is increasing production of weapons
- 22.01.2013 US is top importer of Turkish weapons
- 11.01.2013 Turkey will return Patriot missiles when tensions on Turkish-Syrian border are over
- 09.01.2013 German Patriot missiles arrive in Turkey
- 28.12.2012 Germany to ship Patriots to Turkey on January 8