Turkey will manufacture armored vehicles in Kazakhstan
The leading Turkish armored vehicles’ manufacturer «Otokar» will launch a manufacturing line in Kazakhstan. The respective memorandum was signed on October 12 in Istanbul during the Turkish and Kazakh investment and commercial forum.
This was the next deal under the contract, which «Otokar» won in May, to sell tens of vehicles for the Kazakhstan army.
Bnews.kz informs that, according to terms of the deal, «Otokar» will establish a joint venture with «Kazakhstan Engineering» to manufacture «Cobra» four-wheeled armored vehicles of «Otokar».
«Otokar», based in Istanbul, is a private Turkish company, listed at the Istanbul stock exchange. The company has already sold more than 25 thousand armored vehicles in almost 30 countries. This is the first time that this Turkish company is going to manufacturer similar products abroad.
English translation BSN
Adapted from Rosbalt
More on the topic
- 04.10.2013 Turkey's military secrets 'secret' for China
- 26.09.2013 Turkey builds scout drone
- 23.07.2013 Turkey completes testing of domestic Altay tank
- 23.07.2013 Turkey builds antimine robot
- 03.07.2013 Turkey signs UN Arms Trade Treaty
- 02.07.2013 Turkey increases investments in defense industry
- 30.04.2013 Turkey presents T-155 Firtina SP artillery mount
- 18.02.2013 NATO concludes missile deployment in Turkey
- 30.01.2013 Turkey is increasing production of weapons
- 22.01.2013 US is top importer of Turkish weapons
- 11.01.2013 Turkey will return Patriot missiles when tensions on Turkish-Syrian border are over
- 09.01.2013 German Patriot missiles arrive in Turkey