Russia, Armenia to discuss economic cooperation
The Armenian-Russian intergovernmental commission for economic cooperation will meet in Yerevan on October 12. The talks will be chaired by Russian Minister for Transportation Maksim Sokolov and Armenian Prime Minister Tigran Sargsyan.
Sokolov replaced Igor Levitin as the co-chair.
Russian Ambassador to Armenia Vyacheslav Kovalenko said that they will discuss bilateral cooperation, economics, culture and military-technical cooperation.
Yerevan will host the 2nd regional Armenian-Russian forum on October 13, attended by governors of 16 regions of Russia and heads of different structures.
Armenia will have the Russian Language Festival on October 15-21. Gyumri will open the third Russian Book House in Gyumri on October 12. It will not be just a store selling literature, it may become a platform for cultural meetings and discussions of science and education.
Adapted from Vestnik Kavkaza
More on the topic
- 04.12.2013 Putin: Russia plans to 'strengthen positions' in South Caucasus
- 04.09.2013 Armenia ready to join Russia-led Customs Union – president
- 20.03.2013 Russia approves five-year military cooperation with Armenia
- 04.10.2012 Armenia to discuss Russian program of compatriots
- 03.10.2012 Russian-Armenian war games started in Gumri
- 01.10.2012 Russia reports increase in trade turnover with Armenia