Armenia ready to join Russia-led Customs Union – president
Armenia is ready to join the Moscow-led Customs Union of Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan and later take part in establishing the Eurasian Economic Union, Armenia’s president said in a statement Tuesday, APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.
“Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan voiced Armenia’s decision to join the Customs Union and take the relevant required practical steps, and later participate in forming the Eurasian Economic Union,” said the statement, jointly issued by the administrations of Sargsyan and Russian President Vladimir Putin after they met for talks.
More on the topic
- 04.12.2013 Putin: Russia plans to 'strengthen positions' in South Caucasus
- 20.03.2013 Russia approves five-year military cooperation with Armenia
- 12.10.2012 Russia, Armenia to discuss economic cooperation
- 04.10.2012 Armenia to discuss Russian program of compatriots
- 03.10.2012 Russian-Armenian war games started in Gumri
- 01.10.2012 Russia reports increase in trade turnover with Armenia