Armenia to discuss Russian program of compatriots
Armenia will discuss realization of Russian program on compatriots at the Armenian-Russian intergovernmental commission in Yerevan on October 12, Armenian Prime Minister Serzh Sargsyan said on Wednesday, News Armenia reports.
Sargsyan said in mid-2012 that the government was concerned with migration from Armenia to Russia via the program. Armenian families were allowed to move to Russia with their families to settle at unpopulated areas.
The state program for support of voluntary migration of compatriots to Russia was approved by the president in June 2006. It stimulates and organizes voluntary migration to Russia and compensates population decline.
Adapted from Vestnik Kavkaza
More on the topic
- 04.12.2013 Putin: Russia plans to 'strengthen positions' in South Caucasus
- 04.09.2013 Armenia ready to join Russia-led Customs Union – president
- 20.03.2013 Russia approves five-year military cooperation with Armenia
- 12.10.2012 Russia, Armenia to discuss economic cooperation
- 03.10.2012 Russian-Armenian war games started in Gumri
- 01.10.2012 Russia reports increase in trade turnover with Armenia