«Black List»: The KNEBWORTH tanker arrived at Illichivsk, Odesa Region, after entering the occupied Kerch
Map based on ShippingExplorer
The BSNews and Maidan of Foreign Affairs monitoring group reported on August 19, 2014, that the gas tanker KNEBWORTH arrived at the Illichivsk seaport for loading at ar. 7 p.m. on August 18.
The vessel had entered the occupied Kerch seaport for loading with liquid gas on April 29, May 30 and June 3, 2014.
These entrances were in violation of the law of Ukraine on occupied territories. The Kerch seaport is on the EU sanction list.
Vessel type: Lpg Tanker
Gross tonnage: 7,891 tons
Summer DWT: 8,584 tons
Class society: Bureau Veritas
Build year: 2012
Builder (*): Asakawa Shipbuilding - Imabari, Japan
Owner: Komaya Shipping - Singapore
Manager: Komaya Shipping - Singapore
BSNews and Maidan of Foreign Affairs monitoring group call on Ukrainian law enforcement authorities and auhorities of Odessa oblast as well as other Ukrainian govermental structures to pay attention to this fact.
* * *
Entrance to ports in Crimea, the Ukrainian peninsula occupied and subsequently annexed by Russia, means that vessel owners, captains and crews of the vessels commit a crime under Article 332-1 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.
This article was integrated into the Criminal Code when the Law of Ukraine "On the rights and freedoms of citizens and legal procedures on the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine."
Under this law, administrative and criminal liability for illegal crossing of the border in a group and violation of the procedure for entering the occupied territory applies to the crews of vessels that enter Crimea.
Sooner or later, this leads to significant fines for crew members and more serious consequences for the owner and the captain including arrest of the given vessel or other vessels of this owner at Ukrainian and international ports.
The Criminal Code of Ukraine:
"Article 332-1. Violation of the procedure for entering and leaving the territory of Ukraine under temporary occupation:
1. Violation of the procedure for entering and leaving the territory of Ukraine under temporary occupation for the purpose of harming the interests of the state are punishable with restraint or imprisonment for up to three years and confiscation of vehicles.
2. The same acts committed repeatedly or with prior conspiracy in a group of people, or by an official through abuse of office are punishable with imprisonment for up to 5 years and deprivation of the right to occupy certain positions or engage in certain activities for up to three years, as well as confiscation of vehicles.
3. The actions specified in items 1 or 2 of this Article, if committed by an organized group, are punishable with imprisonment for five to eight years, deprivation of the right to occupy certain positions or engage in certain activities for a term up to three years, and confiscation of vehicles”…
BSNews and Maidan of Foreign Affairs (Kyiv) call on the Ukrainian law enforcement authorities and our followers to pay attention to the fact that our materials are not merely media information, but a record of crimes committed or suspicions of crimes.
We offer companies mentioned here to respond to this information by e-mail to [email protected] or by post to: Maidan of Foreign Affairs, Blackseanews;13, Tryokhsvyatytelska Str., Office 15, Kyiv, Ukraine, 01001.
* * *
The fact that BSNews and its partner, Maidan of Foreign Affairs (Kyiv), have put these vessels on the blacklist of entities who fail to comply with the legal procedures for the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine means that we closely monitor and carry out other promising administrative, diplomatic, marine and law-related actions with regard to these vessels and their owners.
According to earlier reports by BSNews, the UN General Assembly adopted a resolution concerning the annexation of Crimea on March 27. It was supported by 100 countries.
" ...General Assembly
1. Affirms its commitment to the sovereignty, political independence, unity and territorial integrity of Ukraine within its internationally recognized borders;
2. Calls upon all States to desist and refrain from actions aimed at the partial or total disruption of the national unity and territorial integrity of Ukraine, including any attempts to modify Ukraine’s borders through the threat of use of force or other unlawful means;
5. Underscores that the referendum held in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol on 16 March 2014, having no validity, cannot form the basis for any alteration of the status of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea or of the city of Sevastopol;
6. Calls upon States, international organizations and specialized agencies not to recognize any alteration of the status of the Autonomous Republic of the Crimea and the city of Sevastopol on the basis of the above-mentioned referendum and to refrain from any action or dealing that might be interpreted as recognizing any such altered status”…
We would like to thank all volunteers who have contributed to this project from the very first day. The followers who are interested in this issue are welcome to actively participate in our “black list” project...
* * *
BSNews is grateful to Shipping Explorer for the possibility to use its special software for the Black Sea and Azov Sea Ports Today project.
Based on data from:
(LT) or (мв) = local time
More on the topic
- 10.03.2019 24 aircrafts operated by 11 Russian airlines flew to the occupied Crimea on March 9
- 09.03.2019 25 aircrafts operated by 9 Russian airlines flew to the occupied Crimea on March 8
- 11.10.2014 «Cruise September»: SERENISSIMA, a 54 years old expeditionary cruise vessel, is in the Black Sea
- 22.08.2014 «Black List»: Romanian general cargo SNOW WHITE arrived at the Kerch seaport in violation of the EU ban
- 21.08.2014 «Black List»: general cargo vessel ILSE with Malta’s flag arrived at the Sevastopol seaport in violation of the EU ban
- 19.08.2014 Blacklist: vessels, entered the Crimean occupied seaports
- 03.08.2014 Andriy Klymenko: A Strategy to Bring Crimea Back to Ukraine: Return is Inevitable
- 02.08.2014 «Blacklist»: despite of EU sanctions, SYN ATLAS, an Italian LNG carrier loaded at Kerch, a port in the occupied Crimea. Investigation