24 aircrafts operated by 11 Russian airlines flew to the occupied Crimea on March 9
According to BSNews and Maidan of Foreign Affairs (Kyiv), more than 24* passenger airliners arrived to the Simferopol International Airport, the only airport in Crimea which was occupied and annexed by Russia on March 9, 2019.
* Some aircrafts are operated by two airlines per one flight. We count them as one destination.
Aeroflot carried out 9 flights to the occupied Crimea.
Ural Airlines, Rossiya, Globus and S7 Airlines carried out 4 flights each.
Nordwind Airlines operated 3 flights to Simferopol.
Azimuth carried out 2 flights.
Red Wings, NordAvia, Rusline and Pegas Fly operated 1 flight each.
19 routes were Moscow-Simferopol, 2 routes were St. Petersburg-Simferopol.
1 flight landed from each Rostov, Sochi and Voronezh.
The airlines and crews of their aircrafts listed above have thereby violated Article 332-1 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine:
"Article 332-1. Violation of the procedure for entering and leaving the territory of Ukraine under temporary occupation:
- Violation of the procedure for entering and leaving the territory of Ukraine under temporary occupation for the purpose of harming the interests of the state are punishable with restraint or imprisonment for up to three years and confiscation of vehicles.
- The same acts committed repeatedly or with prior conspiracy in a group of people, or by an official through abuse of office are punishable with imprisonment for up to 5 years and deprivation of the right to occupy certain positions or engage in certain activities for up to three years, as well as confiscation of vehicles.
- The actions specified in items 1 or 2 of this Article, if committed by an organized group, are punishable with imprisonment for five to eight years, deprivation of the right to occupy certain positions or engage in certain activities for a term up to three years, and confiscation of vehicles”
BSNews and Maidan of Foreign Affairs (Kyiv) calls on the law enforcement authorities to respond to the violations of the legal procedures for the occupied territory:
BSNews and Maidan of Foreign Affairs have included the airlines and respective aircrafts into the “black list” of those who violated the legal procedures for the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine.
This means that we closely monitor and carry out other administrative, diplomatic, aviation and law-related actions with regard to these airlines and specific aircrafts. These actions have prospects as good as similar actions with regard to violations committed by ships.
Our followers are welcome to participate actively in the Black List project for both marine and air transport.
We would like to ask volunteers to continue their detailed monitoring of the numbers of specific airliners, so that these could be further sent to the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) in order to ban these airlines and aircrafts entrance to the airports of civilized countries.
The monitoring of the violations of international sanctions against Russia and the legal regime of the temporarily occupied territory of Crimea is supported by the European program initiative of the "Renaissance" International Fund. The views of the authors do not necessarily reflect the position of the position of the "Renaissance" International Fund.
More on the topic
- 09.03.2019 25 aircrafts operated by 9 Russian airlines flew to the occupied Crimea on March 8
- 11.10.2014 «Cruise September»: SERENISSIMA, a 54 years old expeditionary cruise vessel, is in the Black Sea
- 22.08.2014 «Black List»: Romanian general cargo SNOW WHITE arrived at the Kerch seaport in violation of the EU ban
- 21.08.2014 «Black List»: general cargo vessel ILSE with Malta’s flag arrived at the Sevastopol seaport in violation of the EU ban
- 19.08.2014 Blacklist: vessels, entered the Crimean occupied seaports
- 19.08.2014 «Black List»: The KNEBWORTH tanker arrived at Illichivsk, Odesa Region, after entering the occupied Kerch
- 03.08.2014 Andriy Klymenko: A Strategy to Bring Crimea Back to Ukraine: Return is Inevitable
- 02.08.2014 «Blacklist»: despite of EU sanctions, SYN ATLAS, an Italian LNG carrier loaded at Kerch, a port in the occupied Crimea. Investigation