Roadmap for Armenia’s accession to Customs Union signed
The roadmap for Armenia’s accession to the Customs Union and the Common Economic Space between Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan was signed Tuesday, Dec 24, at the meeting of the Supreme Eurasian Economic Council, according to RIA Novosti.
Opening the meeting, Russian President Vladimir Putin said the list of the remaining restraints should be made and terms set for their elimination.
“The best integration effect can be achieved with inclusion of all industries and maximum cooperation”, Putin said, according to vesti.ua.
Meanwhile, Kazakhstan’s President Nursultan Nazarbayev demanded some clarification on the issue of the CU borders in connection with the Nagorno Karabakh issue. He expressed hope that the experts will find a solution while coordinating the document.
Adapted from PanARMENIAN.Net
More on the topic
- 26.11.2013 Ukraine to hold consultations with Customs Union on December 18
- 12.11.2013 Ukraine suspends negotiations on joining EDB
- 30.10.2013 Eurasian Economic Commission proposes to raise duties on Ukrainian products
- 03.10.2013 Cabinet endorses joining first document of Customs Union
- 24.09.2013 Ukrainian premier to attend EurAsEC meeting
- 16.09.2013 Kozhara: It's early to talk about creation of Eurasian Union
- 12.09.2013 Talks on Armenia’s accession to Customs Union starts in November