Ukrainian premier to attend EurAsEC meeting
Ukrainian Prime Minister Mykola Azarov is planning to participate in a meeting of the Supreme Eurasian Economic Council to be held in Astana on September 25, the government portal has reported.
The meeting of the Supreme Eurasian Economic Council will be held at the level of prime ministers. The Ukrainian Foreign Ministry is already preparing for a respective visit by the Ukrainian delegation headed by Prime Minister Mykola Azarov.
The prime minister said that Ukraine attaches great importance to cooperation with the Customs Union.
The press service of the Cabinet of Ministers recalled that the presidents of the participating states in the Supreme Eurasian Economic Council reached an agreement at a meeting in Astana on May 29 on Ukraine's participation as an observer in the Customs Union of Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan.
Ukrainian Prime Minister Mykola Azarov and Chairman of the Board of Eurasian Economic Commission Viktor Khristenko signed a respective memorandum on deepening cooperation in Minsk on May 31. The document legally secured an agreement to grant observer status to Ukraine in the Customs Union. Viktor Suslov was appointed as the Ukrainian government's representative in the Eurasian Economic Commission.
Adapted from Ukrinform
More on the topic
- 25.12.2013 Roadmap for Armenia’s accession to Customs Union signed
- 26.11.2013 Ukraine to hold consultations with Customs Union on December 18
- 12.11.2013 Ukraine suspends negotiations on joining EDB
- 30.10.2013 Eurasian Economic Commission proposes to raise duties on Ukrainian products
- 03.10.2013 Cabinet endorses joining first document of Customs Union
- 16.09.2013 Kozhara: It's early to talk about creation of Eurasian Union
- 12.09.2013 Talks on Armenia’s accession to Customs Union starts in November