Simplified rules for customs transportation get approval in Azerbaijan
The Cabinet of Ministers of Azerbaijan has approved the simplified rules of the transportation of goods thorugh the customs border, the decree of the Cabinet of Ministers said on Tuesday.
According to the rules, the goods (if they are not subject to excise duty ), that are carried by individuals and not intended for production or commercial use, may be transported through the customs border in the simplified manner (not subject to customs duty) if their total value does not exceed an amount equivalent to $1.5000.
For each accompanying person, who has not attained the age of majority, an additional amount equivalent to $500 has been identified.
An individual who has attained the age of majority is free to transport up to three liters of alcohol and 600 units of cigarettes through customs border.
Aside from that, according to the established rules, the goods, the amount of which does not exceed the equivalent of $1,000 per individual within 30 days, imported by international mail carriages or transportation (courier) services are also exempt from duties.
Up to 10 kilograms of food and up to 125 grams of caviar can be transported through the customs border in the simplified manner.
Motor vehicles, currency and securities in an equivalent exceeding $10,000, precious metals and stones in an equivalent exceeding $15,000, as well as goods transportation of which requires a special permit, are subject to the customs declaration in the written form.
The decision of the Cabinet of Ministers will enter into force 30 days after publication, that is, from November 13, 2013.
Adapted from Today.az
More on the topic
- 15.10.2013 Tarriffs for cargo and passenger transportation lowered in Azerbaijan
- 18.09.2013 Government to use Moldova’s geographical position to attract transit flows of goods
- 28.08.2013 Passenger traffic through Azerbaijan’s part of Silk Road transportation corridor increases by 7%
- 08.08.2013 Ukrzaliznytsia authorized to grant discounts of up to 50% on transportation of transit freight
- 17.07.2013 Russia To Introduce Fines For Delay Of Goods At Border