Tarriffs for cargo and passenger transportation lowered in Azerbaijan
Freight transportation tariffs dropped by 0.1 per cent in the Azerbaijani transport sector in September 2013 compared to August, the State Statistics Committee said.
According to the committee, passenger transport tariffs reduced by 0.7 per cent in September.
The average tariff for transporting 10 tons of imported, exported and transit cargo by rail per kilometre, dropped by 1.4 per cent, 1.2 per cent and 0.8 per cent in September 2013. Tariffs for cargo transportation in the country increased by three per cent, the report said. Passenger tariffs in the CIS countries came down by three per cent.
There were no changes in tariffs for transportation by pipeline and passenger and cargo transportation by vehicles and shipping in September, the report says.
Tariffs for passenger air transportation to the CIS countries reduced by 2.9 per cent and passenger transportation tariffs to other foreign countries declined by 4.1 per cent.
Adapted from TODAY.AZ
More on the topic
- 08.11.2013 Simplified rules for customs transportation get approval in Azerbaijan
- 18.09.2013 Government to use Moldova’s geographical position to attract transit flows of goods
- 28.08.2013 Passenger traffic through Azerbaijan’s part of Silk Road transportation corridor increases by 7%
- 08.08.2013 Ukrzaliznytsia authorized to grant discounts of up to 50% on transportation of transit freight
- 17.07.2013 Russia To Introduce Fines For Delay Of Goods At Border