Passenger traffic through Azerbaijan’s part of Silk Road transportation corridor increases by 7%
The volume of cargo in the framework of the Euro-Asian transport corridor (TRACECA) from January 1 to July 1, amounted to 29 million tons (+3.1% compared to the same period last year).
According to the committee, almost half (45.7%) had cargo by road, 36.3% - railway, 18% - sea transport. About a quarter (25.8%), or 7.5 million tons of cargo - transit. Along the corridor until July 1, there have been transported 138.7 million passengers (+ 7.3%).
Revenues from cargo in the reported period amounted to 226.3 million manat (5.9%), transportation of passengers allowed to earn 46.5 million manat (+14.5%).
Adapted from apa.az
More on the topic
- 08.11.2013 Simplified rules for customs transportation get approval in Azerbaijan
- 15.10.2013 Tarriffs for cargo and passenger transportation lowered in Azerbaijan
- 18.09.2013 Government to use Moldova’s geographical position to attract transit flows of goods
- 08.08.2013 Ukrzaliznytsia authorized to grant discounts of up to 50% on transportation of transit freight
- 17.07.2013 Russia To Introduce Fines For Delay Of Goods At Border